Senator the Hon. Simon Birmingham
Minister for Finance
Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment
Leader of the Government in the Senate
Senator for South Australia
The Hon. Christian Porter MP
Minister for Industrial Relations
Leader of the House
Federal Member for Pearce
Saturday, 12 December 2020
This year, the Morrison Government’s legislative agenda has allowed us to swiftly respond to the health and economic crisis, as well as keep Australians safe and deliver the essential services we rely on.
Our health and economic response to the COVID-19 has placed us in a better position than most other countries in the world. Our economic recovery plan is being implemented and Australians are getting back to work with 650,000 jobs created in the last five months.
Our legislative agenda has helped navigate Australia through a year like no other, has kept Australians safe and means our economic recovery is now underway.
JobKeeper, Jobseeker Coronavirus Supplement, the Cash Flow Boost, two $750 payments to millions of pensioners and others on income support, have all helped cushion the blow and build the bridge to the other side of this crisis.
JobKeeper, the single largest support measure ever introduced by an Australian Government, has helped to keep workers in jobs or connected to their jobs and keep businesses in business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We also increased benefits for those out of work through the introduction of the Coronavirus supplement, which was extended until the end of March in this Parliamentary fortnight.
Households and businesses also benefited from tax relief, with Stage Two of our Personal Income Tax Plan brought forward by two years and the company tax rate for small and family businesses with a turnover of less than $50 million reduced from 27.5 per cent to 26 per cent.
In the final parliamentary session, we passed 46 Bills through the Parliament, allowing our economic recovery to continue into 2021 as we build a stronger and safer Australia.
Legislation passed since 30 November 2020
- Aged Care Amendment (Improved Home Care Payment Administration no. 1) Bill 2020
- Aged Care Amendment (Aged Care Recipient Classification) Bill 2020
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2019
- Appropriation Bill (no.1) 2020-2021
- Appropriation Bill (no.2) 2020-2021
- Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No.1) 2020-21
- Australia’s Foreign Relations (State and Territory Arrangements) Bill 2020
- Australia’s Foreign Relations (State and Territory Arrangements) (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2020
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation Amendment Bill 2020
- Aviation Legislation Amendment (Liability and Insurance) Bill 2020
- Bankruptcy (Estate Charges) Amendment (Norfolk Island) Bill 2020
- Civil Aviation (Unmanned Aircraft Levy) Bill 2020
- Civil Aviation Amendment (Unmanned Aircraft Levy Collection & Payment) Bill 2020
- Corporations Amendment (Corporate Insolvency Reforms) Bill 2020
- Corporations (Fees) Amendment (Hayne Royal Commission Response) Bill 2020
- Customs Charges and Levies Legislation Amendment (Sheep and Lamb) bill 2020
- Defence Legislation Amendment (Enhancement of Defence Force Response to Emergencies) Bill
- Electoral Amendment (Territory Representation) Bill 2020
- Excise Levies Legislation Amendment (Sheep and Lamb) Bill 2020
- Export Market Development Grants Legislation Amendment Bill 2020
- Fair work (Registered Organisations) amendment (Withdrawal from Amalgamations) 2020
- Family Law Amendment (Western Australia De Facto Superannuation Splitting and Bankruptcy) Bill 2020
- Financial Sector Reform (Hayne Royal Commission Response) Bill 2020
- Foreign Acquisitions and Takeover Fees Imposition Amendment Bill 2020
- Foreign Investment Reform (Protecting Australia’s National Security) bill 2020
- Health Insurance Amendment (Compliance Administration) Bill 2020
- Immigration (Education) Amendment (Expanding Access to English Tuition) Bill 2020
- National Emergency Declaration Bill 2020
- National Emergency Declaration (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2020
- Native Title Amendment (Infrastructure and Public Facilities) Bill 2020
- Radiocommunications Legislation Amendment (Reform and Modernisation) Bill 2020
- Radiocommunications (Receiver Licence Tax) bill 2020
- Radiocommunications (Transmitter Licence Tax) bill 2020
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Bill 2020
- Recycling and Waste Reduction (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2020
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Charges (General) Bill 2020
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Charges (Customs) Bill 2020
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Charges (Excise) Bill 2020
- Social Security (administration) Amendment (Continuation of Cashless Welfare) Bill 2020
- Social Services and Other Legislation Amendment (Extension of Coronavirus Support) Bill 2020
- Sport Integrity Australia Amendment (World Anti-Doping Code Review) Bill 2020
- Territories Legislation Amendment bill 2020
- Transport Security Amendment (Testing and Training) Bill 2020
- Treasury Laws Amendment (Measures No. 5) Bill 2020
- Treasury Laws Amendment (2020 Measures No. 6) Bill 2020
- Wine Australia Amendment (Label Directory) Bill 2019